Our annual “Open Season” for the Dental and Vision plans begins on October 5, 2015, and runs until midnight on October 20, 2015.
Once again, United Healthcare will be the provider for both the Dental (DHMO and DPPO) and the Vision plans. All plans still include the same enhanced benefits, and for the DPPO buy-up plan, bi-weekly member costs are not changing!
This year everyone is required to log-in and verify their contact information is correct, even if you are not making any other changes.
Listed below are the instructions needed to make any changes and to confirm your contact information. Please note this year we are utilizing a new website for the enrollment process.
• To begin the Open Enrollment process, please do the following:
- Please navigate to http://commonbenefits.com
- Type “DC Police Union” in the text field.
- Next, click the “Employee” button.
- Then ALL members must create a new account by following the instructions below:
- Click the “Create New Account” button.
- On the next page, select “I don’t have an invitation code and click the green “Continue” button.
- Enter the requested information and click “Continue”.
- You will then be prompted to create an account name and password. Once you are finished, click the green “Create Account” button.
- Please review your information on each tab and once complete, click the green “Continue” button.
- Please confirm the contact information we have on file for you is correct. Please update addresses, phone numbers, and your personal email address.
- Then proceed to the Dependent coverage section. Please confirm that all the information in this section is correct. You may add, delete or update any dependent information in this section. You will be required to show proof of these changes, such as a marriage certificate, birth certificate, social security card, disabled child forms, or a divorce decree. It is important that you understand your dependent children are terminated from the benefits plan once they reach the age 26.
- The next section is the Enrollment section. It is here that you can make changes to your plans for 2016.
- If you are buying-up to the DPPO, you will need to complete the required information, AND you are required to submit a signed copy of the DPPO Authorization Payroll Deduction form to the FOP Labor Committee located at 1524 Pennsylvania Avenue, S.E. If we do not have this form on file, in our office, by October 20, 2015, we cannot process your buy-up request.
- If you are changing back from the DPPO to the DHMO, we will also need to have a signed copy of the Cancellation of Payroll Deduction form here in our office, 1524 Pennsylvania Avenue, S.E, by COB on October 20, 2015. If not, we will not be able to cancel your payroll deduction.
- For those of you that participate in the DHMO plan there is a new fee schedule for the 2016 benefit plan year. You will note that there is a cost decrease on some of the services that are provided and, there is $5 co-pay when you visit the dentist. Please be sure to go on-line and print the new “DHMO Benefits and Member copayments” fee schedule for your records.
- For those of you that participate in the DPPO plan there are no changes to the bi-weekly member costs! For a single plan, $6.67 will be deducted from your pay on a bi-weekly basis. For the family plan, $13.90 will be deducted from your pay on a bi-weekly basis.
- Please visit the links below for more information on the two available UnitedHealthcare Dental plans that will go into effect on November 1, 2015:
DHMO plan presentation: http://www.brainshark.com/UHCSB/DCPU_DHMO?n=0
DPPO plan presentation: http://www.brainshark.com/UHCSB/DCPU_PPO?n=0
If you have any questions, please call the D.C. Police Union office, Monday – Friday, from 8:30 am – 5:00 pm at (202) 548-8300 or SF&C Insurance Associates, Inc., at (855) 270-7785 from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm or after hours at (855) 270-7785 (you may leave a message in the after-hours mailbox and a member of their team will call you back the next business day).
Please note that the benefits systems will not be accessible until October 5, 2015.
D.C. Police Union
Karen R. Ealley
D.C. Police Union
Posted October 05 2015 at 11:07 AM by Wendell Cunningham | Permanent Link